/ saʊndz/ One Step Beyond: The Future is Here – Teaching pronunciation using a text-based approach
ABOUT THE COURSE
This one-week course is intended for English language teachers in secondary schools, universities, independent language schools and for private teachers. It teaches the study of and tools for teaching and assessment of pronunciation.
By the end of the course, the participant should have assembled a portfolio of resources to try out on their students. Note also that this course includes language development.
Language requirement: B2 CEFR and beyond
Learner Outcomes: By the end of this course, participants will be able to
- Use online pronunciation tools with a view to studying and teaching pronunciation
- How to give proper feedback (error correction)
- Understand phonological control, sound articulation and prosodic features
- Approach the fostering of learner autonomy in language focussed ways
- Develop a portfolio of resources to pilot on students with a view to improving their pronunciation and their generation of output.
- Understand the new CEFR phonological scale developed by the Council of Europe and be able to use it in the classroom.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Erik Dostal is the founding director CA Institute of Languages, an EAQUALS accredited member, that was established in 1997. From its onset he has always managed to find time to stay connected with his students and still continues to teach all levels and ages experimenting with new ideas in applied linguistics and SLA . He organizes conferences and symposia. He is a teacher trainer. He designs websites and deals with marketing, management and international businesses. He set up an IDRAC International Business School offsite campus in 2014 offering bachelor and master degree programs all in English and will soon set up a foundation program for freshman university students providing them with 60 ECTS units. He opened a language assessment center and is also an advisor to the Czech Ministry of Education in the area of language development and he plays a supporting role in the development and expansion of EAQUALS. www.erikdostal.com
The course will open when there are five enrollees. To enroll please complete our online application form here.
The course typically runs Monday to Friday, with five teaching hours each day.
Course fee: 7,850 CZK per week.
Registration fee - 2,900 CZK
The course is offered (a) in Brno at CA Institute or (b) at your place anywhere in the world if you have five or more participants.
We are Erasmus+ registered. ID: PIC: 911682437